Before making a choice between adding on to your existing home or buying a larger one, think about the following:
* How much money is available to remodel your current house?
* How much additional space is required? Would the foundation support a second floor or does the lot have room to expand on the ground level?
* What do local zoning and building ordinances permit?
* How much equity already exists in the property?
* Are there affordable properties for sale that would satisfy your changing housing needs
Ultimately, the decision should be based on individual needs, the extent of work involved and what will add the most value. It may be better for your pocketbook to move if all of these things are considered.
A Kentucky native and graduate of the University of Kentucky, Cindy's experience and familiarity with Louisville have been the foundation for a successful real estate career. She holds the real estate certifications of ABR, SRES, CRS and GRI